Are you one of those people who suffers from frequent or occasional migraine headaches?
If you are I feel for you…I myself belong to a long line of migraine sufferers.
Statistics show that at least 25% of women will get a migraine headache at some point in their lives. Isn’t that great?
Half of those women will get the the migraine before they turn 20 years old that’s all they need.
According to Stats Canada only 8% of people suffering from migraines have been diagnosed with migraine by their doctor. The rest goes undiagnosed thinking that they suffer from allergies, sinus problems or other illnesses with similar symptoms.
To live with a migraine headache is not very pleasant.
Some women suffering from migraines are very sensitive to light, sensitive to noises around them. Many women also suffer from nausea as a result of migraine headaches.
Fortunately there is a little light at the end of the painful tunnel….there are ways that can help to relieve migraine pain and maybe even eliminate migraine headache all together.
Just following simple migraine solutions will help you prevent most migraine attacks or help with their severity.
10 Simple Tips How To Prevent or Ease Migraines:
- Make sure you get 8 hours of sleep at night.
- Do not watch TV in your bed.
- Stop eating 4 hours before bedtime.
- Try not to drink anything 2 hours before bedtime.
- At the first sign of migraine use cold packs for your forehead.
- Make sure you are getting enough Magnesium (known as muscle relaxant).
- Relax and take time out to daydream.
- Cut down the fat intake in your diet to less then 20g per day.
- Try Lavender or Eucalyptus aromatherapy (make a warm compress using few drops of the essential oils, burn scented candles or try soap and/or body wash). Combine this with daydreaming for double migraine solution.
- Don’t eat foods that contain amino acid. Amino acids are know to trigger migraine headaches in some people.
If you are a migraine sufferer like myself I hope these simple migraine prevention tips will help you to get some relief from your migraine pain.
These Migraine relief tips are only suggestions to help with migraine relief and/or reduce migraine frequency and severity.They might not work for everyone.
If your migraine headaches are severe and the pain is preventing you from simple daily tasks contact your doctor.