As a pet parent, it is really important that you do whatever you can in order to keep your four legged buddies safe and healthy. You might know that Invisible fencing can do more harm than good but besides that, there are tons of things that you need to keep in your mind in order to keep your furry friend healthy.
In this article, we are going to take a look at the important things that you need to keep in mind so that you can keep your pets healthy all the time.
- The most important thing that you should keep in mind is that you schedule regular visits to your vets. Provided that your pets have a much shorter life span, it is really important that you monitor their health conditions carefully.
These trips can be challenging at first but your pet will start recognizing your vet after a certain time and thereafter your pet will go along comfortably.
- Vaccination is also vital for your pets as that will help you in making your pet healthier and more immune to different health issues. Considering all this, make sure that you schedule your pet’s immunization appointment as soon as possible.
If you have a puppy or kitten make sure that you schedule their vaccination appointment as soon as possible. This is also applicable if you have a senior dog as vaccinations are really important for your pets.
- Proper identification is also important as you need to make sure that your pet is always safe. This is really important as your young pets tend to dash out of the house at the early stage and collar tags are not that efficient in all the cases.
This is where you can take a little help from technology and get an ID tag for your pet. With that, you will be able to track your pet easily as these ID tags are implanted in your pet’s skin making it quite impossible for them to lose it.
- Sterilization is another important thing that you should pay attention to as unwanted pregnancies can lead to severe health problems that can affect your pet’s health significantly. Sterilization can greatly reduce the risk of cancer and other chronic health issues.
- A healthy diet plan is vital in keeping your pet healthy. As a pet owner make sure that you provide your pet with proper food and fresh drinking water all the time.
With a wide range of food products that are available in the market, it can be quite daunting for a pet owner to choose the best product for their pet. This is why you should do online research about the best diet plan and food options that you can choose from for your pet.
- As their caretaker, it is also important that you pay proper attention to your pet’s grooming. You need to pay attention to their time to time grooming and hygiene. You should be brushing their teeth from time to time and besides that, you should also comb their coats and add all these essentials to your calendar.
- Changing the living space of your pet at regular intervals of time is also a great idea. That will keep your pet curious all the time as they are going to explore their new living space. Moreover, it also helps you in keeping the living area of your pet clean and free from germs and harmful bacterias.
- Training of your pet and making them friendly will also help you in keeping your pet mentally healthy and active as they go out and socialize with other animals. You should try to start with the training of your pet as soon as possible so that they can learn new tricks.
For that, you can take help from your local animal shelter that will provide you with credible recommendations when it comes to pet trainers.
- As you play with your pet it is really important that you create a safe environment so that you and your pet can bond over playtime. For this, you can also take help from DIY projects that are there online and create inexpensive toys for your pets.
Besides all these factors summers are also closing in and heat stroke is another major issue that dog owners face. This is why it is really important that you notice symptoms of heatstroke in your pet and take proper action in time.
Here are some of the common symptoms that you should be paying attention to:
- Your dog is drooling or salivating abnormally.
- You see your dog moving in a restless manner and the color of his tongue is also bright red.
- If you see any sign of mental confusion, dizziness, lethargy, or any weakness in your dog you should take immediate action.
- Lastly, there are several other symptoms of heatstroke that you can learn about, for that you can get in touch with your vet.
Now that you are aware of the symptoms, here are some of the effective ways through which you can handle your pet during a heat stroke.
- You should immediately move your dog indoors or a cooler so that your dog can relax and maintain their internal temperature.
- You should also check the temperature of your pet with the help of a rectal thermometer and if the temperature of your pet is higher than 106 degrees you should immediately get in touch with your vet.
- If there is a pool or waterbody nearby you can also take your pet for a dip so that they can regulate their body temperature.
- If your dog is conscious you can give him cool water as well, which will help him to control his body temperature. However, you should avoid giving your pet ice cubes as that can lead to a quick drop in body temperature that is not good for the mental health of your pet.
- Lastly, you should take your dog to your pet as soon as possible for a quick and effective treatment of your pet.
These are the most important things that you should know about when it comes to taking care of your pet.